- Kindergarten students in a FactWise classroom work on place value counting, show me with their hands, and solving addition and subtraction story problems.
- Goal 1 Addition: Ways to Make 5 - A sample mini-lesson designed for teachers to watch, and possibly students as well.
- Goal 1 Addition: Ways to Make 5 Day 2 - A sample mini-lesson designed to give teachers ideas, and possibly for students to watch.
- Clap Facts with FactsWise Goals 1 and 2 - A kindergarten class practices FactsWise Goals 1 and 2 with clap facts. The teacher uses a number line to represent student thinking.
- Goal 1 Songs - Two interactive songs a kindergarten teacher and her class share.
- Make Ten with a Friend with FactsWise - Kindergarten students solve story problems by making ten with a friend in a FactsWise classroom.
- FactsWise G5 Hands Together Concrete and Representational - First grade students work with partners in a whole class setting to solve FactsWise Goal 5 addition and subtraction problems with their hands together and with visual hands cards.
- Subtracting from Teen Numbers (Goal 8, Goal 9, and maybe Goal 5) - A screencast that shares four teen subtraction strategies that are based on tens and properties of operations. Using a number talk with manipulatives lesson design, you may find that students are able to generate many or all of these strategies.
- Goal 1 Race to 100 Game - First graders playing Race to 100 game with Goal 1
- Goal 2 Addition Race to 100 Game with Hands Cards - First graders play FactsWise Race to 100 game with Goal 2
- Goal 5 Subtraction War Card Game - First graders explain and demonstrate how to play subtraction war card game with FactsWise Goal 5.
- FactsWise G5 Subtraction War Card Game with ConcreteStrategy - Two first grade students play FactsWise Goal 5 subtraction War card game while using the Make Ten with a Friend strategy.
- Formative Assessment with FactsWise Addition and Subtraction Card Games - Kindergarten students practice FactsWise addition and subtraction goals while playing Race to 100 and War card games. This video can be used to practice formative assessment -- identifying which students are fluent and which students need extra support to develop fluency with different FactsWise goals.
Multiplication and Division Games
- 3-in-a-Row and 4-in-a-Row Game Directions - Watch three different versions of these games unfold while I explain the game directions.